Malaysians have voted and a new government is in place. In view of the new makeup of government with a strong opposition, pipit has a little wish list. Here goes…
· Open tender system for all governmental contracts and concessions
· “Better” remuneration package for all civil servants to eradicate corruption
· “Better” education system starting with a review of the system and highlight problems like why certain race is dropping out of school early and how to help reduce the rate of drop-outs
· “Better” public transport policy with a better inter-connectivity between the different modal of transport like car-train-bus etc
· A future plan that is not based on neither the lucrative oil economy nor communal politic
· Alternative to NEP should be spelt out clearly to prevent any misunderstanding
On a more personal note, can we have some alternative to the existing single-race menu/stall at the North-South Highway R&R stops? I think all Malaysians, visitors and tourists deserve more than just mee rebus or mee soto, right?