Thought of buying a DSLR camera lately but after reading about William Tsoi and kenrockwell exploit with their compact cameras, i am not so sure. That DSLR buying decision can wait. William and Ken website are full of very wonderful pic taken with their compact cam. There are also tips on how to achieve the same effects by adding some simple accessories to your compact camera.
- get accessories like tripod, wide angle and macro lens to extend the capabilities of your camera
- learn to use the P, Av, Tv and M mode of the camera
- understand the physic of light
and voila!, you can shoot like pro too, with just your compact cam. but some scenarios just cant do with compact cam like event and sport. so, unless you are photojournalist and wedding photographers, you are better off with your compact cams.
i bought an adapter, a tripod and a wide/macro lens for my Canon A80 and tried out a few shots from my living room. One of the better one is the “sunrise” shot taken this morning.
Technical data for the “sunrise” shot
- setting: Av, 1/50s, f8 handheld
- manipulation: none
- post production: noise reduction and some sharpening
Do you like the “sunrise” shot?